This Privacy and Security Statement outlines the policies and practices of 211 Big Bend (“211BB”) regarding the collection and use of your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data (collectively “Data”) when you visit the 211BB website or use 211BB internet services. 211BB’s internet services include, but are not limited to, 211BB educational resources, newsletters, directories as well as other internet-based features. 211BB created this Privacy and Security Statement to demonstrate its commitment to maintaining the privacy of all users of our internet services. 211BB may offer you the ability to connect with 211BB services and tools using a mobile device via a mobile optimized website.
The provisions of this Privacy and Security Statement apply to all access provided through the use of mobile devices. This Privacy and Security Statement will be referenced by all such mobile applications or mobile optimized websites. By using the 211BB websites or internet services you consent to the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Security Statement and to 211BB processing your Data for the purposes stated herein.
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Security Statement, your use of 211BB’s websites or internet services may not be optimized, and, in some instances, you may be denied access to services that require 211BB to verify you as an authorized user.
1. Notice to Minors – 211BB does not knowingly offer or sell products or services to children. If you are under eighteen years of age, you may not purchase products or services from, and you should not provide information to 211BB without the involvement and consent of a parent or guardian.
2. Changes to this Statement – 211BB reserves the right to amend this Privacy and Security Statement at any time without prior notice. This Privacy and Security Statement occasionally will be updated to reflect new features and services or new privacy practices. The latest version will be posted on the 211BB website. The Privacy and Security Statement was last updated on 2/14/2022.
3. Data We May Collect – As described below, 211BB collects personal information that you provide (“Personal Data”) as well as general information about the use of its website (“Non-Personal Data”). “Personal Data” includes any information that identifies you directly, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone numbers, date and/or place of birth, payment and billing information, professional certifications or licenses, and government-issued identification numbers. Personal Data may also include sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability status, or religious preferences. The Personal Data we collect depends on how you choose to use our website and our services. 211BB will not distribute Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy and Security Statement unless required to do so by law, or in good faith belief that such action is permitted by law and is necessary to comply with a legal requirement or process such as civil and criminal subpoenas and court orders, to protect and defend the rights or property of 211BB, or to protect the personal safety of 211BB personnel or the general public. “Non-Personal Data” includes any information that does not identify you directly, such as your geolocation, browsing history, type and industry of employment, internet protocol address, and information automatically collected through the use of internet cookies.
4. How We May Use or Share Your Personal Data
a. Information Collected to Process Payment Transactions – When users of our website or our internet services apply for or renew membership, order products, register for events or sign up for services, they will be required to provide information where we will acquire Personal Data necessary to process the transaction. This may include your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, and credit card number or other payment information. Payment information, such as credit card details, is only collected to process a transaction, using a secure transmission method, and it is stored in an encrypted format. Reasonable measures are taken while processing transactions to ensure that payment information is not vulnerable to theft or interception. 211BB will not store or distribute your payment information in any manner that is not necessary to process a transaction. We employ third parties to assist us in fulfilling orders and other transactions involving payment. Those third parties will have access to certain Personal Data to the extent necessary to perform those services for us. We limit the use of all such Personal Data by these third parties to the performance of such services. We take reasonable steps to obligate these third parties to handle Personal Data appropriately and confidentially. However, 211BB cannot give absolute assurance that information intended to be maintained as private, whether transmitted via the internet or otherwise, cannot be accessed inappropriately or unlawfully by third parties. Please see the section “Users’ Information” below for details about how 211BB may use Personal Data collected during our membership application or renewal process, purchase of a product, or subscribing to an internet service.
b. Email Addresses – When contacting 211BB at any of the email addresses used for member and non-member customer assistance, we may ask for certain Personal Data, such as your member ID number, name, email address, telephone number, or fax number. When collected for this purpose, the information is used to verify identity and to provide the assistance you are requesting. 211BB does not distribute or sell the email addresses of member users or nonmember users to any unaffiliated third party but may use email addresses or disclose email addresses to 211BB contractors to carry out the operations of EABB and to provide 211BB services.
c. User Information – Personal Data may be used by 211BB to distribute marketing materials to users by mail, fax or email. Users can elect not to receive certain printed mailings, faxes or email notices from 211BB. In particular, members may request that their Personal Data not be included in the 211BB Membership Directory. However, electing not to receive any of these communications may mean that you will not receive important notices about your membership, products, events, or services that may be useful to you. In addition, 211BB occasionally rents the names and mailing addresses (excluding email addresses) of its members to third parties for approved uses such as promotional mailings, but restricts such third parties from otherwise using or retaining such information. Members can elect to not be included in these list rentals. Additionally, 211BB may utilize member data to match against existing advertising network profiles enabling the ability to target 211BB members as a group, with programmatic banner advertising. No Personal Data is shared with advertisers and all matched member profiles are anonymous. This service is only utilized for 211BB members geolocated within the United States of America. 211BB collects and stores aggregate demographic information to track the organization’s diversity. Such de-identified demographic information may be shared with 211BB leadership groups. Users can opt to not share this information with 211BB leadership groups. If you are a member and wish to elect to not be included in any of these communications, please contact us using the methods listed at the end of this document.
d. Electronic Publications – 211BB collects and uses the email addresses of users when they subscribe to our electronic publications for the purposes of sending the email messages that comprise these services. We may occasionally send email messages with surveys regarding these services or promote other 211BB products or services to subscribers. 211BB will not share the email addresses with any third party not associated with the support or delivery of this service.
5. How We May Use or Share Your Non-Personal Data
b. General Website Usage Information – To monitor site usage and improve the quality of our website, 211BB gathers general information about the use of our website. We use web server logs and industry-standard website statistics software to count the number of visitors to our website, the number of views of particular pages, and to track other general statistics. From time to time, 211BB may share with third parties the aggregate, anonymous information about overall usage of our website and other internet services that we collect in order to sell advertising, solicit sponsorships or to pursue other legitimate business purposes.
6. Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
a. Personal Data Retention – We keep your Personal Data for as long as you are an 211BB member or as long as your relationship with 211BB continues and as required by law. We retain your Personal Data while your membership is active or as necessary to continue to provide internet or mobile-based services. This includes Personal Data you provided to us and Personal Data obtained from your use of our services. There may be some instances where we retain Non-Personal Data in a depersonalized or aggregate form.
b. Right to Access and Control Your Personal Data – You can access, update or delete your Personal Data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Personal Data that we have about you: Delete: You may ask us to erase or delete all or some of your Personal Data, and we will work hard to honor all requests in a timely manner. In some instances, we may not be able to delete your Personal Data in order to comply with applicable financial transaction laws or other laws. Change or Correct: You may ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate. Object to, Limit or Restrict: You may ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Data. Right to Access: You have the right to see your Personal Data and take it with you. We will work with you to be sure we can provide the most complete set of your Personal Data and a secure way to transfer your Personal Data.
7. Links to Other Websites -The 211BB website and many of our print and electronic publications contain many links to other websites. The 211BB website also provides opportunities for user interaction with social media sites such as Facebook®, Twitter®, LinkedIn®, YouTube®, and various blogging sites. Content and links to other internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views, or content contained therein. 211BB is not responsible for the content or links posted by others on these social media sites. These other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. 211BB is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Please check the other sites to access their privacy policies and determine how they may collect or use information.
8. Security – 211BB staff are educated on this policy and obligated to follow it. Access to Personal Data is limited to select employees and the information is stored in an encrypted format. We also take steps to obligate third parties to handle information appropriately and confidentially.
9. Contacting 211BB About Privacy Issues – We welcome your comments, suggestions, or questions about our Privacy and Security Statement and 211BB’s privacy practices. We also welcome member requests to elect not to receive certain forms of communication from 211BB and third parties.
10. Site Security Information – The 211BB website features a number of security features designed to make your use of the site worry-free. We strive to make our online ordering, registration, and services useful and safe. Since use of these services often requires personal or financial information, we make every effort to ensure that the information is transferred and stored securely. For all online transactions, all information sent using our shopping cart is transmitted to our server using the Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) protocol and not OpenSSL. SSL is an extension of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (“HTTP”) that creates a secure connection using “HTTPS”. When you are entering your credit card information to order publications, register for programs or renew your membership, you will know you are on a secured page when you see this image: The Secured Area image indicates that the page you are viewing is using SSL. It also indicates that an order or registration form supports encryption. If you have questions regarding our security features or would like more information, please contact our website support team at email@example.com.