Please join our “Light the Way” campaign by donating $250 to fund training for additional hotline staff and strengthen our capacity to handle difficult, high risk calls.
211 Big Bend’s role as the 24/7 key connector in our community is critical. 211 helps thousands of people in the Big Bend not only find help with the most immediate challenge, but also address the other underlying and unexpressed challenges they are facing. That mission has a direct impact on the health of individuals in the Big Bend.
Light the Way Society Donors
- Chuck Rolling – Moore Lending Group
Did you know?
- Over 30% of calls handled by 211 Big Bend are difficult, often high risk, and involve people dealing with thoughts of suicide, depression, and anxiety. These calls require supportive and crisis counseling.
- The average call time has increased due to the stress and uncertainty of the pandemic and the lasting mental health consequences.
- 211 Big Bend also answers the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline for 14 counties in Northwest Florida including the Big Bend.
- 211 Big Bend answered over 32,000 calls, chats, and texts total in 2021.
We have a lot of work ahead of us, but with your support, we can continue to be the lifeline for thousands of people. We can help our neighbors connect to critical services. We can be the support for those who just need someone to talk to, for those who are feeling lonely or isolated, and for those who believe they have nowhere else to turn. They just need someone to light the way and guide them to services they desperately need.
A COPY OF 211 BIG BEND’S OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (#CH1591) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA OR ONLINE AT www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com, REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
211 Big Bend is accredited by the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) and the American Association of Suicidology (AAS.)